Often, my thoughts go back to early times in my life and to memories I have of my grandparents, parents, brother, sisters, children, and other family members. In addition to memories, I also have read, or been told, stories of ancestors. Many of these stories that have made an impression on my life in some way. I have been wanting to write down my stories of these people who are so dear to me. So, I got the idea to create a blog for that purpose. Whether it will be of value to anyone else, I don't know. But, it is important to me to get them written down.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Defense of a Young Testimony

Gary was born and raised as a member of the LDS Church.  He knew the church was true at an early age and was not afraid to stand up for his belief.  When he was a young boy, primary was held on weekday afternoons.  The church that Gary attended was across the street from the school.  So on primary day, he just walked across the street to primary.  One day, Gary mentioned to another boy on the bus that he was going to primary the next day so he would not be riding the bus.  The other boy, whose name was Ricky Long, said that he was going to primary that day as well.  Gary knew that Ricky did not go to his primary.  So he made it clear to Ricky that he would be attending primary at the true church and the church that Ricky attended was not the true church.  Ricky told Gary that his primary was too at the true church and that Gary's primary was not at the true church.  Now, there are many church buildings that have been built to accommodate the congregations of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Gary and Ricky happened to attend different buildings.  They both thought the church building they attended was the true church.  They got off the bus at the same stop where their words almost came to blows as they maintained the truthfulness of their respective churches.  When Gary went to primary the next day, he told his teacher that some other kid said that he belonged to the true church and that he didn't even go to their building.  That is when he learned that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was much larger and greater than he had ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment