Often, my thoughts go back to early times in my life and to memories I have of my grandparents, parents, brother, sisters, children, and other family members. In addition to memories, I also have read, or been told, stories of ancestors. Many of these stories that have made an impression on my life in some way. I have been wanting to write down my stories of these people who are so dear to me. So, I got the idea to create a blog for that purpose. Whether it will be of value to anyone else, I don't know. But, it is important to me to get them written down.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

In His Own Due Time

Christopher was born on June 2, 1988, being the third child in our family.  He was welcomed by me, his dad and two sisters, Natalie and Alicia.  Natalie and Alicia loved having a little brother and he loved his sisters.  BUT, well, they were girls.  Eighteen months later, he was there to welcome, his sister Nicole, and then at age three, he welcomed his sister, Michelle.  So, there he was, two sisters on each side.  It was about that time that he started including in his daily prayers a request for a brother.  In 1994, I was again expecting a baby.  When we told Christopher, his prayers became even more sincere.  Finally, he felt that his prayers would be answered.  It only made sense, right?  On August 7th, 1994, our beautiful little Melanie was born.  I am sure he was a bit disappointed, but he did welcome her with an open heart and assured us that he did love her new little sister.  That brought us to a total of six children, five girls and one boy.  I did not really think we would have any more children, six was plenty, right?  Then in 1996, I found that I was pregnant once again.  And on November 27, 1996, Christopher's prayers were finally answered as we welcomed Bryce to the family.  Chris is eight years older than Bryce, but is happy to have a brother.  It is a lesson on how God does answer our prayers, just not always in the time frame that we may want.

No comments:

Post a Comment