Often, my thoughts go back to early times in my life and to memories I have of my grandparents, parents, brother, sisters, children, and other family members. In addition to memories, I also have read, or been told, stories of ancestors. Many of these stories that have made an impression on my life in some way. I have been wanting to write down my stories of these people who are so dear to me. So, I got the idea to create a blog for that purpose. Whether it will be of value to anyone else, I don't know. But, it is important to me to get them written down.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Listening to the Spirit

My mother, Marva, helped my dad with his auto body business.  She liked keeping the books and managing the front office, while he ran the auto body shop in the back.  She did not work everyday, but she would go in to the office a few times a week to take care of things.  One morning, she hurried through her morning tasks at home because she knew that she needed to get in to the office as there was much to be done.  She got the dishes and everything finished and headed up Overland Avenue towards work.  As she was passing Dworshak Elementary School, she saw that there was a child out in the busy street.  She stopped to help him get back to the school yard and realized that it was her nephew, Chad,  the son of Bill and LaVaughn Craythorn.  She got him back safely to a teacher at the school and then got back in the car and drove on to the office.  When she got there, she found that there was not really anything to do.  She could not figure out why she had felt the urgency to get in to work.  So she went on back home.  Later, she realized that she had been given the thought to hurry in to the office simply so she would be at the right place at the right time to give the aid that was needed and to possibly avert a tragic accident. She was thankful that the Lord had trusted her and that she had listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment