Often, my thoughts go back to early times in my life and to memories I have of my grandparents, parents, brother, sisters, children, and other family members. In addition to memories, I also have read, or been told, stories of ancestors. Many of these stories that have made an impression on my life in some way. I have been wanting to write down my stories of these people who are so dear to me. So, I got the idea to create a blog for that purpose. Whether it will be of value to anyone else, I don't know. But, it is important to me to get them written down.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kind and Generous Heart

Nicole attended kindergarten at Aspen Elementary School in Orem, Utah.  Aaron Hatch was a neighbor of ours and was also in her kindergarten class.  On occasion, Aaron would stay at our house for a little while after school.  One day, I had been to the store and picked up some sugar cookies with sprinkles.  I knew that Nikki loved sprinkles and that they would probably both like a cookie as an after school treat. So, I made sure that I saved two cookies for Nikki and Aaron.  I noticed that one of the cookies had more sprinkles on than the other one.  After they had eaten their lunch, I brought out the cookies to let them pick one.  Nikki looked at the cookies, and being quite the sweet tooth said, "Oh, I want that one," pointing to the cookie with the most sprinkles.  Aaron said that he wanted that one as well.  They both had their eyes fixed on that most desirable cookie, and then Nikki said, "You can have one."  Then she took the other cookie.  I like this story because it shows Nikki's kind and generous heart manifesting itself at an early age.  She has continued in that manner throughout her life, loving and caring about others and putting their needs first.

No comments:

Post a Comment